- 1 Box gf pasta
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 scallion sliced
- 3 bell peppers — red, yellow/orange, and green, all sliced
- 1/4 cup of warm pasta water (Saved from draining the pasta)
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp of jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- Generous amount of nutritional yeast or vegan cheese ( I used both)
- Sprinkle of thyme
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta as directed on the box, then drain in a colander and set aside.
- On medium heat, heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic, and scallion until soft.
- Add the bell peppers to the pan, pour in the 1/4 cup of pasta water, reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir in the tomatoes and jerk seasoning.
- Add the pasta, turmeric, and coconut milk into the skillet and stir all of the ingredients together.
- Continue to cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the vegan cheese/nutritional yeast and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with thyme