Vegan Jumbo Lump “Crab” Cakes
As a Maryland girl let’s just say I know a thing or two about a good crab cake. Growing up I ate a lot of whole crab, crab legs, and crab cakes before becoming vegan. We like our crab cakes with almost no breading and lots of crab. I think my vegan version has nailed that with lots of heart of palm and minimal bread crumbs.
Vegan + Gluten-Free (Optional) Maryland style “Crab” Cakes.
- Vegan Butter or Cooking Spray (for greasing pan)
- 2 14 oz cans heart of palm chopped into medium & large pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 cup GF bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a baking dish with vegan butter or cooking spray.
- Chop heart of palm, sweet onion, and green peppers.
- Combine all ingredients and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Form the “crab” mixture into large patties.
- Bake for 30 mins.