Vegan Soul Food
Baked Mac & Cheese was my favorite food for many years and my family’s recipe was always the best in my bias opinion! I’ve had pretty good vegan mac & cheese at a few restaurants but none mastered baked mac & cheese like my mom and grandma. But, at last, I believe I’ve mastered it with this recipe and my family members agree! The best part about this vegan mac & cheese is that it will not cause high cholesterol or clog your arteries!
- 1 box Modern table GF elbow pasta
- 1/2 block Chao slices, chopped into pieces as pictured
- 1/2 block Miyoko mozzarella, chopped
- 1 bag Daiya cutting board addition cheddar shreds
- 1/2 bag Miyoko pepper jack shreds
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 cup plant-based oat milk
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt (optional)
- Coconut oil cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring water to a boil for pasta & boil as directed on the pasta box.
- While the water is boiling chop Chao cheese slices and Miyoko mozzarella.
- After pasta is finished boiling drain pasta and return to pot.
- Mix in all ingredients, saving half the bag of Daiya for topping. Cheese should begin to melt slightly.
- Once well mixed, pour into casserole dish.
- Top with remaining Daiya cheese as pictured.
- Bake for 45 mins.