A vegan + gluten-free no-bake delight
Cheesecake is not the first dessert that comes to mind for the holidays but as I think back over the years I realize that it is actually quite a tradition in my family to have cheesecake at our family gatherings. Most of which happen around the holidays. It makes me think of cheesecake as sort of the underdog although it is a faithful never-failing option. So with this in mind, I decided to give cheesecake its chance to shine this year!
And thus I present you, this delicious White Chocolate Hazelnut No-Bake cheesecake that happens to also be vegan and gluten-free if that's your thing.
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 2 splashes hazelnut milk
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter (melted in a microwave)
- 3 cups raw cashew nuts (boiled in hot water for 1 hr)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Juice from 2 small lemons
- ½ cup hazelnut milk
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cocoa butter chips
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- In a blender or food processor blend hazelnuts and 2 splashes of milk. Mix ground hazelnuts with melted butter. Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and use the back of a spoon to distribute evenly, pushing a little up the sides of the pan.
- Bake crust in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Put all filling ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add filling to crust and place in the fridge for 6–8 hours or freezer for 4 hours. (if you have time I like to let mine set in the fridge overnight)
- Top with raspberries, or enjoy as is!
- The cheesecake will keep in the fridge loosely covered for up to a few days. Freeze in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 weeks — to serve let thaw at room temperature.